Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Skills to build upon


There’s fun things to check out this holiday season! The SANS Holiday Hack Challenge just came out a few days ago. That’s a fun challenge that is accessible in a variety of ways to people with different skills and levels. Additionally, the previous year challenges and answers are also available which is pretty nice.

A skill I am increasingly spending more of my free time on involves manual code review and assessment. I use free tools (like those used in the SWAMP), but they seem to only find a handful of the issues in the code I’ve been checking out. I will be starting a new blog series exploring this and assessing code from different perspectives.

In the meantime, check out these resources from the Trail of Bits CTF Field Guide:

Not from the ToB site:

When this blog series starts, having reviewed those resources will be helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment